Massachusetts Horsemen's Council
2020 MHC Days of Champions COVID-19 Updates
For all questions on the 2020 Days of Champions please contact the Executive Committee:
8/19/20: Qualification To Remain the Same for 2020 Finals
- The MHC Days of Champions Committee has voted to keep the qualification criteria as is for the 2020 finals. Riders will need 10 points to qualify for the finals. Any questions on this can be directed towards the MHC Days of Champions Executive Committee.
- Points are as follows: 1st - 10, 2nd - 7, 3rd - 5, 4th - 3, 5th - 2, 6th - 1
- Questions on point status can be directed to Charlene Brown at [email protected].
- The last day to qualify is 9/13/20
8/1/20: Schedule, Qualification, and Points to Remain the Same for the 2020 Finals
1) Schedule: The schedule will remain the same for 2020. We are going to still run 1 ring at Fieldstone. We will have warm-ups on Thursday. Friday will start with the younger adults followed by the older adults. Saturday is for the juniors. Sunday will start with the MHC Mini-Medal followed by the MHC Adult Mini-Medal Final. There will be plenty of room for lunging, lessons and warm ups.
2) The last day to qualify is 9/13/20.
3) Points to qualify: Points are as follows, 1st - 10, 2nd - 7, 3rd - 5, 4th - 3, 5th - 2, 6th - 1. Current qualification still requires 10 pts to qualify for the finals.
4) Rain Plans: We are working on rain plans at Fieldstone should there be inclement weather. For now, keep your fingers crossed for a beautiful fall weekend!
5) On-site stalls will be available for the finals just as they have been this summer. The permanent tents at Fieldstone do have plastic siding to keep horses warm at night.
6) Online Entries: We will let you know once online entries become available on horseshowing.com. Stay tuned!
7/30/20: MHC Adult Mini-Medal Sponsor Needed for 2020
The MHC Days of Champions is looking for a sponsor for the New MHC Adult Mini-Medal Final for 2020. All inquiries please submit to Felicia Knowles at [email protected]
2020 MHC Days of Champions Update - Medals offered in all New England States
June 26th, 2020
The Massachusetts Horsemen's Council will allow the 5 other New England States (Maine, NH, Vermont, CT, RI) to offer the MHC Medal Classes only at their horse shows for the remainder of the 2020 calendar year to qualify for the 2020 Days of Champions Finals.
In addition, the affiliation application to have the medal classes at horse shows been reduced from 45 days minimum to a 20 day minimum. Please submit your affiliation forms 20 days before your horse show date. Riders must be members for the points to count.
An insurance certificate with MHC on the horse show insurance must be sent to Paulajean O'Neil at [email protected]
Application and check must be sent to Sally Hill 20 days before the show and also an insurance policy naming MHC to Paulajean. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2020 MHC Days of Champions Update
June 15th, 2020
Dear MHC Members,
The Board of Directors is actively watching the COVID-19 situation in the state of Massachusetts. As of 6/15/20 we are still hoping that the 2020 Days of Champions Finals will happen as expected from September 24th - 27th including running the new MHC Adult Mini-Medal Final. As of right now exhibitors will still need 10 points to qualify for the finals.